Provides everything needed to manage, monitor, maintain and upgrade PSSC Labs’ HPC clusters on delivery
LAKE FOREST, Calif., May 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — PSSC Labs, a developer of custom HPC and Big Data computing solutions, today announced it now offers the option of complete flash storage for its CloudOOP 12000 enterprise server, built specifically for Hadoop. The faster storage option means PSSC Labs can now offer increased data analytics speeds and improved performance, making the CloudOOP 12000 the ideal enterprise Hadoop solution.
The CloudOOP 12000 now supports the new Micron 5100 series Solid State SATAIII (SSDs), with up to 14 x Micron SSDs (2 drives dedicated for operating system and 12 drives for data storage). The all flash storage option provides durability, reliability, and faster performance at a price point that makes the technology affordable to more enterprise users. The Micron SSD’s offer faster speeds that traditional non-flash storage, and when combined with the CloudOOP 12000’s made for Hadoop server, can achieves near real time performance for data analytics.
Using the largest capacity Micron SSDs, the CloudOOP 12000 can support up to 96 TBs of storage and is tailored to meet the needs of read-intensive video streaming, latency-sensitive transactional databases and write-intensive logging applications. It also makes an excellent platform for edge computing with the ability to consume large amounts of data very quickly from IOT devices and sensors.
The CloudOOP 12000 is the only server specifically designed for Hadoop, Kafka, Big Data and IOT. It offers 2x the density and up to 35% lower power draw than traditional manufacturers as well as a near 50% increase in data throughput performance. Reducing power draw means a lower data center footprint and significantly reducing your total cost of ownership with an over 90% efficiency rating.
“The CloudOOP1200 is PSSC Lab’s unique platform for enterprise users using applications like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka Streaming. PSSC Labs has already successfully deployed over 100 PBytes for Hadoop using the CloudOOP 12000 platform, and after stringent review of the SSD options on the market, we’ve certified of Micron’s new 5100 series of SSDs, which will allow us to offer our customers a high capacity, high performance, durable system with the absolute lowest cost of ownership, “said Alex Lesser, Vice President of PSSC Labs.
Micron 5100 Series SSD Features include
- Unique range of solutions with up to 8TB of storage in a 2.5-inch form factor and 2TB in an M.2
- Three models optimized for varying workloads with consistent, steady state random writes at 74,000 IOPS.
- Built-in AES-256-bit encryption and TCG Enterprise protection with FIPS 140-2 validation – available on the 5100 MAX.
- Micron’s FlexPro firmware architecture can be used to actively tune capacity to optimize drive performance and endurance
- Unmatched 99.999%2 quality of service (QoS) compared to spinning media. MTTF of 2 million device hours
CloudOOP 12000 Features Include
High Processing Power
- The CloudOOP 12000 supports up to 2 x Intel Xeon E5 Series processors & up to 256GB high performance memory – get higher performance and reduced computing time
Direct Connect IO technology
- Unique design gives each hard drive its own independent path to the motherboard – removing unnecessary components that restrict data pathways and improving data ingestion & IO rates.
- GigE, 10GigE, 40GigE and Infiniband network connectivity options available. Dual GigE network bandwidth comes standard, with addition network adapters from Intel, Mellanox, Solarflare and others available.
Operating System Compatibility
- Supports Microsoft Windows, Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu & most other Linux distributions.
All CloudOOP 12000 server configurations service and support from PSSC Lab’s US based, expert in house engineers. Prices for a custom CloudOOP 12000 server start at $5000.
For more information see https://pssclabs.com/products/big-data-servers/.